Book Review: Scarewaves

Author: Trevor Henderson
Title: Scarewaves 
Genre: Horror, Middle-Grade, 
Number of Pages: 208
Setting: Beacon Point 
Time Period: Present Day 

Plot Summary: The small town of Beacon Point has been plagued by spooky local legends for years. In Beacon Point, disappearances are common, strange creatures are often sighted, and some secret lurks in the woods. The adults are oblivious to these strange happenings and disappearances and other folks won't even talk about it. Over the course of a few days, a group of kids from the middle school come face to face with the horrors that have been hiding in their town. The group is guided by mysterious radio host, Alan Graves, and must work together before something else happens. 

My Verdict: For a short and fast-paced horror for middle-grade readers, this was excellent! I listened to the audio and really enhanced my experience. It kept me on my toes even as an adult. I recommend it for any middle-grade kiddo who likes spooky stuff. 

Subject Headings: 
 
Secrecy -- Fiction.
City and town life -- Fiction.
Monsters -- Fiction.

Similar Reads: 

Comments

Popular Posts